Monday, October 22, 2012

Cinderella Ate My Daughter

OMG I freaking loved this article best one yet, because there are some many ways and things I can go with this article. What really stood out to me the most and has always been on my mind since I heard of subliminal messages from Disney; was how Disney is and will always be around us and our children now giving them hidden messages. Even Orenstein pointed it out as well. This article really got me in a chock hold, because growing up I had a lot of girly things. I had a play-room filled with Barbies, toys, dress, dolls, everything you could think of that a little girl could have as a child I pretty much had it. But Disney really does have the worse hand to play in the up-bringing of young girls today in this world. From disobeying your parents, running away from home, changing your body, lying to your friends, being with a guy you hardly know, and sitting around and let the Men take charge of who you are as a women.     
                                Here are two videos that help state my point...


4 comments:

  1. your videos were hilarious and i love your enthusiasm about this article. and i do agree with where you say disney will always be around us, especially because it was apart of our childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok soooo Jenna marbles....she makes a FEW good points...but then she trys very hard to be funny and get people to subscribe to her. but somewhere in there she did name a few things that we discussed in class. so shes ok i guess. your second video...i loved. It was dead on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your videos were very cute but informative... I agree with you as well Disney will always be around it sucks that once you grow up nothing is innocent anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your videos :) great choices

    ReplyDelete